Why use a particular material when an equivalent, of similar performance and that costs less energy to produce, is often available.
It is worth consideration
Energy source ?
- Try to avoid excessive use of mains electricity
- When building new, consider alternative heat generation systems they are cheaper to install from new than as an after market addition
We can design to either CODES OF SUSTAINABLE HOUSING or PASSIVE HOUSE (HAUS) – they are similar but have slightly different criteria in the design and calculations
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATES (like the A & B ratings on your washing machine)
We now include these in our thermal calculation (SAP) documents on all new houses
- CODE FOR SUSTAINABLE HOUSING - THE NEW WHOLE ENVIRONMENTAL CHECK RATING FOR NEW HOUSING
THIS HAS 6 LEVELS FROM 1 TO 6
1 BEING 10% BETTER THAN OUR PRESENT BUILDING REGULATION REQUIREMENTS & 6 BEING A ZERO CARBON BUILD !
1 IS EASY, 6 IS VERY EXPENSIVE - HOWEVER A LEVEL OR STAR RATING OF 3 & 4 IS REASONABLY EASY TO ACHIEVE (ALTHOUGH COSTLY)
CODE CALCULATIONS ARE DONE BY OURSELVES WITH INPUT BY OUR ASSOCIATE THERMAL ENGINEERS AND ARE SUBJECT TO CAREFUL SPECIFICATION OF SPACE & WATER HEATING, INSULATION, WATER SAVING AND AIR TIGHTNESS OF CONSTRUCTION, TOGETHER WITH A KNOWLEDGE OF THE SOURCE OF MATERIALS, MANAGEMENT OF THE BUILD SITE AND FUTURE USAGE BY THE OCCUPANTS
- START THINKING SERIOUSLY ABOUT TIMBER FRAME - ENVIRONMENTALLY SOUND & SUSTAINABLE
- WE ARE ALSO HAPPY TO DESIGN IN MASONRY (the old brick & blocks)
We do not just draw plans, we design for you and how you live.
Our main service is to Design your project and then take it through Planning Permission & Building Regulations. We operate across Bournemouth, Poole and surrounding areas.
We can also obtain formal competitive quotations from established contractors and help manage the project for you, from start to finish. Please contact us to discuss your project."Together, let's do something special - a building of which to be proud"